Brussel sprouts. You either love them or hate them. In fact, I read somewhere recently that they are the most hated vegetable in the USA. Luckily, I am a brussel sprout lover. I credit that to my boyfriend who made me try them a few months ago…Yes, it took me 22 years to try them, but I turned out okay! 😛 You will never know if you are a hater or not unless you try them.
Anyway, we made gnocchi for dinner tonight and felt like trying something new for our vegetable side dish. And voilà! Pecan roasted brussel sprouts were born. This recipe was adapted from several different recipes so it is not exact. It is super simple though! It is perfect for when you want a quick side dish that is a little fancier than regular steamed vegetables. Also, brussel sprouts are wonderful for your body. Chock full of iron, protein, potassium, and antioxidants, but you didn’t need me to tell you that. 😛 So for my first ever Simple Sunday here is a quick and easy side dish recipe. Enjoy. 🙂
Pecan roasted brussel sprouts
16 oz. frozen or fresh brussel sprouts
1 Tablespoon or so of olive oil
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
pinch of garlic
handful of chopped pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and grease a baking sheet with cooking spray .
2. Pour the 16 oz. of frozen or fresh brussel sprouts into a bowl.
3. Add the tablespoon of olive oil and coat all the sprouts.
4. Add a pinch of salt, pepper, and garlic. Mix .
5. Add the chopped pecans and pour the mixture onto the greased baking sheet.
6. Bake the brussel sprouts 20-25 minutes or so until slightly browned. Turn the sprouts at least once during cooking.
7. Serve and enjoy. 🙂
Do you like brussel sprouts? Why or why not? If so, what is your favorite way to eat them?